Packrafting Expedition Training Sylan (Norway/Sweden)
Wilderness and expedition styled packrafting! In the border area between Norway and Sweden within the Sylan Mountains we will be 7 days completely autonomous on a combined packrafting trip. This is an intensive training, skilling you for your own packrafting trips. We only go once a year.
An expedition style packrafting trip in Scandinavia
Expect an adventure! Follow us into the wilderness of the Sylan Mountains in Norway and Sweden and learn more about expedition styled packrafting: Loneliness, challenging situations and an amazing unspoiled landscape, everything on one unique packraft expedition.
- Expedition-styled packraft trip: You will carry all food and equipment for 7 days
- In equal parts on land and water. We will have a tour route of between 100 km and 120 km, depending on local weather and water level
- 6 camp nights in wilderness
- A challenging terrain: Off-track hiking, marshlands, lake crossings and wild rivers
- Our daily stages are between 10 km and 25 km
- Limited to one training date per year
- We will have a detailed daily briefing, and we will teach skills on planning and carrying out expedition styled packraft trips
- Upon request, we allow participants to plan and guide short parts of the tour on their own, of course under supervision
- We will provide you with detailed information, such as packing lists and weather information. We are happy to answer all your questions in advance and help you preparing
- Picture Service: During the course the guides will take high quality pictures on land and water which will be provided to all participants after the course in high resolution and free of charge (no need to carry a camera)
What makes this training so special?
This training will be held directly in wild nature. We are going with you to a few places, not even we have been before. It is a real expedition with changing paths, unknown areas and totally independent.
If you like, you can challenge yourself by taking the control and leading the group, of course under our expertise and guidance. In a team of two you can plan day stages of this expedition on your own and discuss them with your guides, for example during a meeting at the bonfire along the river, while rain drops falling on the group tarp or just while the northern sun sets. On the next day you can become the guide and lead the group save through marshlands, across the land, crossing lakes or on river sections.
This trip is for anyone interested. For participants without any experience we ask you, to complete at least a 2-day training course prior to this expedition. You can choose for example:
Multiday Packrafting trainings Hunsrück (2-4 days)
White water packrafting trainings Tyrol (3 days)
White water training Slovenia (3 or 5 days)
For those with some previous outdoor experience, participation may be possible without prior course participation. If you are interested please contact us personally and please provide your previous experience with packraft, kajac, kanu and outdoor trips or possible trips and trainings.
"A thank you, to you for this intense and perfect trip week! Everything worked out just perfectly: From the group setting, the route and stage planning to the weather. Of course you don’t have an affect on everything, but you made things right. I felt well cared and the mixture of challenge, nature feeling and the possibility to learn was just right for me.”
Tim from Munich, trip 2017
“Almost half a year after the Hunsrück-Trip in fall I participated one week on this land water packrafting adventure in Norway.
Yes, it was challenging and sometimes the tent was our only escape from hungry stinging insects; but I wouldn’t want to miss one minute of this unique experience. Not only the friendly weather, but also the perfectly prepared and organized trip through Sebastian, guide and founder of LWA, and his calm and reassuring competence in all situations, made this trip an absolute highlight.
For those with love for nature, water and physical challenge I can highly recommend a tour with Land Water Adventures.”
Thomas from Vienna, Austria. Individual trip within the trip area 2015.
Impressions from the expedition trainings
Arrival and departure: Flight to and from Trondheim, Norway
Arrival (Flight): Saturday before the tour start. We will have a detailed trip briefing on this day, followed by a get-together in the evening in Trondheim.
Tour (the tour is annually adapted to the local weather and terrain conditions and may be in unexplored areas):
- Sunday, day 1: Transfer, tour entry and first camp (route depends on the wind conditions)
- Day 2: Land, lake and river, camp at a lake
- Day 3: Lake crossing and climbing the Sylan Mountains, highest camp
- Day 4: Trekking down to the Handölan valley, river camp
- Day 5: River run Handölan and bypassing different waterfalls, river camp
- Day 6: River run and lake crossing, island camp
- Saturday, day 7: Lake crossing, tour final, transfers to Trondheim and a get-together in the evening
Departure (Flight): Sunday after the final trip day.
After booking, you will receive detailed information on arrival, departure and tour schedule with the trip documents.
For those booking their own flights: We ask you to arrive latest on Saturday afternoon to allow a tour briefing with the entire group. We will leave Trondheim early in the morning on Sunday to start the tour in Norway’s wilderness. The return flight should not be booked before Sunday after the final tour day.
For preparation and tuning in we will have a virtual meeting through a video-call in advance. The trip date will be planned as the group is completed.