Multiday Packrafting Training Basic
"The weekend was again super nice, exhausting, challenging and very instructive for me. We had a really fun group, I felt very comfortable with it and with the guides. A personal thank you to you, it is always wonderful to be on the road with you."
A participant from the Saarland
Your entry into the adventure of multiday packrafting: travel independently with backpack and packraft.
In this course we teach the basics of what packrafts were created for: Being independently on the road with a lightweight boat. Unlike the four-day Multiday courses, however, this course requires no prior experience in camping, outdoor living, or food preparation on the road.
Fancy a little experience report to get you started? "The first time Multiday Packrafting" in the Land Water Blog.
Multiday Basic2-2023, April 6. - 7., 2024:
Services and Prices
Multiday Basic as part of our course program
Multiday Basic is a possible entry into our Multiday course program and is especially a possible preparation for a participation in the 4-day Hunsrück tour and perspectively then in the Advanced Multiday Packrafting course in the Bavarian Forest as well as our Packrafting Expedition course in Norway.
For groups of at least 6 people, we offer individual dates on request during March, April, October and November.
The Hunsrück trainings as part of our program
The training in the Hunsrück are an exciting adventure in itself, a preparation option for our Packrafting expeditions as well as a possible preliminary course to our Packrafting expedition course in Norway.
Do you want a smoother start?
Experience Packrafting on a day in the Nahe valley on our day courses Packrafting adventure days Nahe (In German).
Seek outdoor basic courses in preparation for the tour, equipment, camping and orientation?
Have a look at our LWA Basics courses: LWA Basics Courses Outdoor Basics (In German)
- Workshop day with packrafting introduction tour, packrafting compact course, packrafting system and equipment workshop.
- One day packrafting tour on land and water
- Transfers between arrival and departure
- Snack on arrival and shared evening snack by the fire on the first day
- Professional organization, logistics and course guidance by experienced packraft guides
- Limited to small group size per guide for a personalized experience
- Course documents: Detailed packing list with information on equipment and personal course preparation as well as information on travel and course schedule
- During the course, we are happy to address other outdoor topics such as backpack selection and adjustment, fire, bivouac, nutrition and flora, on-the-go repairs, etc. at the request of the participants.
During the course the guides will take high quality pictures on land and water which will be provided to all participants after the course in high resolution and free of charge.
Rental fee for equipment: Packraft with accessories: 80€ packraft with accessories, Dry suit: 30€
The rental costs for packraft equipment are somewhat higher for multiday trainings, as this type of traning places above-average demands on the rental equipment and requires more time-consuming preparation and post-processing of the equipment.
You own, suitable packrafting equipment can be used, then the rental fee is waived accordingly.
Included in the rental fee
- A rugged, professional single person packraft with spray deck as well as an easy to stow double paddle
- Waterproof dry suits with dry socks and soft closures around the wrist and neck. You can wear your normal trekking outfit underneath - it will stay dry
- Waterproof pack sack and tension straps
- Life vest
The participation is understood plus the self-paying overnight stay at the campsite depending on the desired type of accommodation (tent / camper / etc.)). At and around the campsite there is also the possibility of overnight stays in simple huts/shepherds' caravans etc. if booked in time.
We offer two payment options:
- Payment of the total amount upon receipt of the reservation
- Deposit of 25% of the total amount upon receipt of the reservation and balance 31 days before the start of the course for a processing fee of 15€ per booking.
These variants are listed again in the reservation form below. With all payment variants your course places are bindingly booked for you after receipt of the transfer of deposit or total amount You will receive the course documents.
Only a few steps more towards your adventure.
With this form you are submitting a reservation request which will only become a binding booking once we personally confirm availability and once we have recieved your wire transfer. Please find the details of the reservation procedure below before submission of this form.